Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chicken Stir-Fry



ok so this is a good one. I’ve never made stir-fry before, and the recipe I had was not that great so it’s sort of a made up recipe but turned out super good. Chris said its one of the best he’s ever eaten (chris is my taste tester… and he’s allowed to tell me if its gross). I’m hoping that I get these measurements right because I have a habit of just dumping stuff in and not paying attention to how much. This recipe is more like a two person recipe so if things seem like not enough…add more! And it’s great because you can be creative…. Don’t like the veggies I used? Pick new ones!

       Ingredients
Steamed rice
2 chicken breasts
2 Tbs sesame oil
½ Tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 carrot (peeled and julienned)
1 zucchini (sliced)
1 red bell pepper (julienned)
a bunch of fresh green beans (don’t forget to snap the ends off – I cut them in half also, if you want them a little softer you can boil them before adding them to the mix)
3 Tbs teriyaki sauce
2 Tbs honey
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
salt and pepper

Directions – (p.s. my stir-fry was wok-less)
 
  • Add ½ Tbs of olive oil, 1 Tbs of sesame oil and garlic to the pan (wok)
  • Cook the chicken (salt and pepper them) on med about 5 minutes on each side. 
  • Remove the chicken from the pan and dice them up
 
  • In the pan, add the remaining sesame oil, your vegetables, teriyaki sauce, salt and pepper (med-low)
  • Soften the veggies up and add the honey and red pepper flakes
  • Add the chicken cubes back in and simmer until the chicken is cooked through
  •  When your sauce starts to caramelize – it’s time to eat.
 ·         Serve over steamed rice and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing, I love stir fry! And I like that there is honey in it. I wouldn't have thought of that. Keep them comin! :)

    ReplyDelete